On Saturday March 8 from 11a.m.-4p.m. Kim Leshinski and the ladies of the Chicago Beer Gals Collective are celebrating International Women’s Day the only way they see fit, by teaching women to brew, and helping the Chicago chapter of Dress for Success.
Tickets to the event are $15 and include:
* Live beer making demos throughout the day
* Special pro brewer guests from the brewing industry speaking about their experiences and sharing beers
* BYOB bottle share, snacks will be provided
* Donations from ticket proceeds will go to the Chicago chapter of Dress for Success
The event is open to everyone! Men, women, kids – The more the merrier!
Our featured homebrewers who will be live brewing include:
* Nancy Rockwell from CHAOS Brew Club and the blog, Nancy Brew
* Mary Clare Crabtree, winner of the 5 Rabbit homebrew challenge and designer
* Laura Lanford, homebrewing rockstar and and procurer of Movies On The Roof
Purchase tickets here!
If learning to brew isn’t enough, we’ll keep the party going! Starting at 3p.m., you can find me and some more lovely ladies of beer enjoying a special tapping of a firkin of Metropolitan Brewing Lemongrass Krankshaft. Tracy Hurst, owner and brewer at Metropolitan will be on hand at the party as well.
Like the brew day, this event is open to anyone! There are no tickets, and the post-party is informal.
Fountainhead is walking distance from Brew Camp, and just a hop and a skip from the Montrose Brown Line.
Fountainhead is located at 1970 W. Montrose Ave.
The Brew Camp Classroom is located at 1826 W. Wilson Ave.